Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Victim or Guest?

Dec. 5/03

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God” (Phil 4:6)

Apprehensions abound

A person of faith wishes to believe the best

And it’s good to anticipate the best

But my truck is almost ready and I hope I made right decisions.

 

Two days ago the turbo blew

22000 kms beyond warranty!

I chose to have repairs done by the same people who provided the tow.

Although not certified for warranty work they seemed credible

And it was cheaper than having truck towed 150 miles to Freightliner in Missoula.

My prayer has been that I make the most informed expedient decisions

In this undesirable circumstance.

 

It’s 10:00 a.m. and apparently truck is about ready.

I will be appreciative

I will review their parts and service warranty

I will request evidence of parts coming from Freightliner Missoula

I will fax this info to Calgary Freightliner.

 

Everybody is ex-military

And all conversations turn to liberal or conservative

And I can feel who are the bad guys

And the American mentality is so easily recognized.

Even as I can smell a person’s allegiances quickly

So they probably smell mine.

Without paranoia, my caution is however needed to assure that I not be victimized by this unfortunate breakdown in Montana.

Lord God, please let this be an honorable and a gracious business transaction.

Into thy hands I commit this day.

 

(Insert many years later, Nov. 1, 2017:  No problem whatsoever with that repair job. In fact I read the above with gratitude both for my clear thinking at that time, and also the good service and workmanship provided by that repair shop).

(Insert even more years later, Sept. 6, 2023: And gratitude still for good incidents like this. Life was considerably civil during those o/o years).

2 comments:

  1. A personal and heartfelt comment. We’ll done!
    ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. These old messages to self are quite sentimental, sometimes almost emotional during these retirement days.

    ReplyDelete