Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Very Hairs

 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from? 

 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.  Psalm 121:1,2

 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Matthew 10:30

Here is an insight I would not have discovered, had it not been for Covid-19 and the opportunity (?) to stay in my house quite a bit.  I am learning to paint pictures - beautiful ones at that!  Take a look at these two samples.



I am awestruck by the almost majesty of this click-by-number mountain.  It took about two hours - approximately 1000 taps - to apply the 95 different colors on my iPhone.  Also required was an extra treatment of eyedrops to finally behold the finished product out there.  As my masterpiece appears my imagination takes me to the Kicking Horse Pass, westbound somewhere around Golden, BC.  I am back in my truck on one of those many trips on Highway 1 through the beautiful Rocky Mountains, ever changing, ever the same, always beautiful right there on the border between Alberta and British Columbia.  The view is so stunning I do not even mind the possibility of putting on tire chains on the way back.

Similarly, my delight with the other sample.  I love the warmth of grandma sitting in her chair while her little boy plays with blocks.  Those hair!  I marvel at the IT people who create software programs that respect the very hairs of the head.  A headful of grey is not grey, but mixtures of blue, green, grey, brown, white, red, black!  Similarly a boy's blond locks also not merely yellow.  Oh, and also I realize that whole mountainside would need different colors were it another time of day.  This must be art, and thanks to the ColorMe app I have become a creator!

Details. Details!  I could wax eloquent now perhaps about the Creator, or about our use of time, as I am inclined to, but this time I spare you my philosophizing or theologizing.   I close with some words from my daughter when she noticed I was getting satisfaction from this clicking.  Speaking to her mother she says,  "This is neat, dad has discovered color, the beauty of painting.  He likes colors; he's learning, just like you and me mom".  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment